Maastricht-Łódź Duo Colloquium
The overall organisation of the International Maastricht-Łódź Duo Colloquiums is in the hands of the Maastricht School of Translation and Interpreting of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences (The Netherlands) and the Department of Translation Studies of the Institute of English Studies of the University of Łódź (Poland). The founders of the Maastricht-Łódź Duo Colloquiums are Dr. Marcel Thelen and Prof. Ordinarius Dr. Habil. Barbara Lewandowska-Tomaszcyk , respectively. The 2015 representatives for Maastricht are Dr. Marcel Thelen and Drs. Dirk Verbeeck, and for Łódź Prof. Dr. Łukasz Bogucki.
The International Maastricht-Łódź Duo Colloquiums are organised every 5 years and consist of two parts in one and the same year: one in Maastricht, the so-called Maastricht Session, and one in Łódź, the so-called Łódź Session. Both Sessions have their own organising committees. The chair of the Maastricht Organising Committee is Dr. Marcel Thelen and of the chair of the Łódź Organising Committee is Prof. Dr. Habil. Łukasz Bogucki.
Main theme for both Sessions
The overall aim of the International Maastricht-Łódź Duo Colloquiums is to provide an international forum for discussion between translation/interpreting theorists and practitioners on issues of meaning in translation and interpreting.
The central theme for both the Maastricht and the Łódź Sessions is "Translation and Meaning".
In principle, the Maastricht Sessions will be geared towards practice, and will deal with practical aspects of the central theme and the various sub-themes, and the Łódź session will be geared towards theory, and will deal with theoretical aspects.
General information on Maastricht and Łódź Sessions in 2015
- THE MAASTRICHT SESSION (21 and 22 May 2015):
- dr. Marcel Thelen (chair)
- Ms. Leila Medjadji (secretary)
- drs. Dirk Verbeeck
- dr. Peter van Nunen
dr. Marcel Thelen (chair)
TEL: + 31 43 346 6471 (direct line)
or Ms. Leila Medjadji (secretary)
TEL.: + 31 43 346 6438 (direct line)
Maastricht School of Translation and Interpreting, Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
P.O. Box 634
6200 AP Maastricht, The Netherlands
FAX: + 31 43 346 6609
Colloquium fee for the Maastricht session: € 250 NET (including conference participation, all conference documentation, lunches, coffee/tea breaks; excluding accommodation, conference dinner, bank/transfer charges, and proceedings). For more details about the Maastricht session see the second circular and www.translation-and-meaning.nl.
Colloquium languages: English, French, German. For more information about the Maastricht session, please contact dr. Marcel Thelen.
- dr. Marcel Thelen (chair), Maastricht School of Translation and Interpreting, Zuyd University of Applied Sciences (The Netherlands)
- dr. Peter van Nunen, Maastricht School of Translation and Interpreting, Zuyd University of Applied Sciences (The Netherlands)
- dr. Paul Arblaster, Institute Libre Marie Haps, Brussels (Belgium)
- dr. Gys-Walt van EgdomMaastricht School of Translation and Interpreting, Zuyd University of Applied Sciences (The Netherlands)
- prof. dr. Sonia Vandepitte, Department of Translation, Interpreting and Communication, Ghent University (Belgium)
- drs. Fedde Van Santen, ITV Hogeschool voor Tolken en Vertalen (University of Interpreting and Translation), Utrecht (The Netherlands)
- THE Łódź SESSION (18 and 19 September 2015):
Colloquium fee for the Łódź session: see the first circular for the Łódź session.
Colloquium languages: English, French, German.
- Prof. Ordinarius dr. hab. Barbara Lewandowska-Tomaszczyk (honorary chair)
- prof. dr. hab. Łukasz Bogucki (chair)
- prof. dr. UŁ dr. habil. Stanisław Goźdź-Roszkowski
- dr. hab. Jacek Waliński
- dr. Mikołaj Deckert (scientific secretary)
- Mr. Janusz Wróblewski