From the www.monabaker.com archive (legacy material)
Green-Rainbow Party of MA | 5 June 2005
Summary: In a historic event the Green-Rainbow party of MA, a party of 10,000 members with probably several hundred in Somerville, passed a comprehensive statement in support of Palestinian Human Rights.
The resolution specifically calls for:
a) Right of Return of Palestinians
b) democratic government in all of historic Palestine with equal rights for all
c) Declaration of Israel as an Apartheid State
d) Full Sanctions on Israel (end of military and economic aid as well as divestments and boycotts)
e) supporting the internationally recognized right to resist for Palestinians, and the rights of Palestinians to self-defense.
Text of Green-Rainbow Party of MA statement on Palestine
The Green-Rainbow Party of Massachusetts, in consonance with its adherence to its Ten Key Values, has the following position on the issue of Palestine. This statement will be submitted to the national party through the International Committee:
1. The Green-Rainbow Party of Massachusetts calls for the end of all American military and economic aid to Israel. Additionally, the Green-Rainbow Party of Massachusetts supports the following means to bring pressure to bear on Israel: Divestment initiatives that seek to withdraw institutional investments from Israel state bonds and corporations that do business with Israel; academic boycotts of Israeli academics and academic institutions.
2. The Green-Rainbow Party of Massachusetts calls for an ecologically sound commitment to equitably sharing and conserving all water and other natural resources among all peoples of the region.
3. The Green-Rainbow Party of Massachusetts supports full implementation of the Right of Return for each Palestinian refugee, which means each Palestinian has the right to choose to return to his or her home and lands. This right is a fundamental human right and is enshrined in international law for all peoples of the world.
4. The Green-Rainbow Party of Massachusetts rejects all apartheid-based governmental systems and calls for a secular, democratic governing entity for all people in the geographic region of historic Palestine (today referred to by some people as Israel, the West Bank and Gaza).We support a democratic system with equal rights for all in which the peoples of the region democratically decide their future.
5. The Green-Rainbow Party of Massachusetts recognizes the right of Palestinians to self-defense as well as nonviolent resistance to Israeli occupation and the Israeli project of forced displacement of the indigenous Palestinian population which has been ongoing since 1948. The right to resist occupation is guaranteed to all peoples of the world by international law.